Re: Re: Debian installation using debootstrap and grub-install - no entry in ESC boot menu

> I can't see anything wrong with the script. Did that installation use> GPT and a BIOS Boot Partition though?The successful installation (with official installation media) used aBIOS partition table, but I prefer GPT.> I guess I have to ask, why not just use UEFI?I also tried that and I considered posting a similar recipe for EFI in thefirst message. But it doesn't work either, so I thought it is better toask the question with BIOS, because it seemed easier to me.Here's the recipe for EFI:
sudo parted /dev/sda mklabel gpt sudo parted /dev/sda mkpart init 0% 50% sudo parted /dev/sda mkpart root 50% 100% sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sda1 sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda2 sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt sudo mkdir /mnt/boot sudo mkdir /mnt/boot/efi sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot/efi sudo debootstrap stable /mnt sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev sudo mount --bind /dev/pts /mnt/dev/pts sudo mount --bind /run /mnt/run sudo chroot /mnt apt install grub-efi sudo chroot /mnt grub-install /dev/sda sudo umount /mnt/run sudo umount /mnt/dev/pts sudo umount /mnt/dev sudo umount /mnt/proc sudo umount /mnt/sys sudo umount /mnt/boot/efi sudo umount /mntBut this doesn't work either. Same problem here. However I can make such anEFI installation using official installation media on the same machine andthat does work.