Re: efi problem

On 2023-04-23 00:56, songbird wrote:
mick.crane wrote:
I suspect the GPU is suspect because there are small blocks of pixels
appearing where they aren't wanted.
I'd like to re-install the OS as I've got copies of everything I think.
Just to see if it's maybe a driver issue.
Thing is I can't get the f12 options screen of the PC to let me boot
from a CD in this EFI mode what's grub done.
How can I boot from CD in this EFI mode?

  what does efibootmgr say when you run it from the
root prompt?

  mine lists the CD drive and if i change the boot
order to put that first it will boot from that device.

  man efibootmgr
root@pumpkin:/home/mick# efibootmgr
BootCurrent: 0007
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0008,0000,000A,0003,0004,0007,0001,0002
Boot0000* USB Storage Device
Boot0001  debian
Boot0002  grubx64-ef5
Boot0003  Onboard NIC
Boot0004  Diskette Drive
Boot0005  Onboard NIC
Boot0007* debian
Boot0008* CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive
Boot000A* P1: KINGSTON SA400S37240G

Obv. I've installed on this Dell Precision T3600 before, it may have been from a flash drive or it may have been from a CD.
but likely CD.
mick@pumpkin:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E5/Core i7 DMI2 (rev 07)

Is there some way I can say "boot Boot0008 please"?

mick