Re: Hibernate in bookworm

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 4:14 AM Rainer Dorsch <ml@bokomoko.de> wrote:
Hi,

I just tried to hibernate a system which I upgraded from bullseye to bookworm
and it resumed and never reached the off state. I don't recall that there were
hibernation problems in bullseye on that system.

I tried out of KDE Plasma, but I also tried from the cmdline

root@h370:~# echo disk > /sys/power/state
-bash: echo: write error: Device or resource busy
root@h370:~#

Try running a `sync` first to write all contents of RAM to disk.

Since

https://wiki.debian.org/Hibernation

looks somewhat outdated (describes Jessie and Lenny configurations), I followed
Arch and kernel documentation

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_management#Power_management
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/pm/sleep-states.html?
highlight=image_size#basic-sysfs-interfaces-for-system-suspend-and-hibernation

Both

# systemctl hibernate

and

# echo disk > /sys/power/state

do not bring the system in hibernate mode (=suspend to disk).

The config I see on my system:

root@h370:~# swapon
NAME       TYPE       SIZE USED PRIO
/dev/dm-2  partition 15.9G 8.1G   -2
/dev/zram0 partition  256M 256M  100
root@h370:~# cat /sys/power/resume
254:2
root@h370:~# lsblk /dev/dm-2
NAME            MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
b370--vg-swap_1 254:2    0 15.9G  0 lvm  [SWAP]
root@h370:~# cat /proc/cmdline
BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-6.1.0-7-amd64 root=/dev/mapper/b370--vg-root ro quiet
root@h370:~# cat /sys/power/image_size
13375987712
root@h370:~#

Any hints are welcome