Re: /etc/fstab question (problem)?

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 09:37:51AM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 10:59:19 -0400
> Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What to do?
>
> I suspect that what you need to do is:
>
> 1) Preserve the current contents of /tmp,
>
> 2) Adjust fstab to include the /tmp partition,
>
> 3) Mount the /tmp partition
>
> 4) Restore the contents of /tmp

Since Debian erases /tmp at each boot anyway: wouldn't it be
much easier to set up an entry in fstab along the lines of

  tmpfs    /tmp    tmpfs    defaults,noatime,mode=1777   0  0

(assuming you want a tmpfs there, replace by suitable partition,
options, etc)... and wait for the next reboot to pick it up?

No need to preserve anything, then.

Cheers