Re: Disable laptop suspend and hibernate when plugged-in or charging?

On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 12:57:09 -0400
Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a Pinebook Pro, https://www.pine64.org/pinebook-pro/ . The
> laptop suspends or hibernates even when charging. I cannot SSH into
> it.

Does your BIOS/EFI allow wake-on-lan from suspend? Many, strangely,
allow WoL from fully off but not from suspend. It's not ideal to need to
send a WoL command and then open ssh again, but if you have no
alternative...

> I want to disable suspend or hibernate while the laptop is plugged-in.
> I visited https://wiki.debian.org/Suspend , but it does not discuss
> the laptop being plugged into the power cord or charging.
>
> (I make a small distinction between "plugged-in" and "charging." The
> laptop may be fully charged and plugged-in, but it may not be charging
> since it is fully charged).
>
> How do I disable suspend or hibernate when the laptop is plugged into
> the power cord or charging?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Does your desktop power manager control this? In Xfce on my laptop, the
Power Manager controls the length of time to display off, sleep and
power off, separately for battery and mains. There are also settings
for whether sleep is suspend or hibernate, for battery and for mains
separately.

--
Joe