/etc/fstab question (problem)?

Am 18.04.2023 um 16:59 schrieb Default User:
> Hey, I have a strange situation!
Wow! Am I misunderstanding something?
You seem to be well in control of your system, thus i am i bit surprised
as of the simplicity of your question.
If it was me, i would just find out, where exactly tmp resides now, then
shutdown and boot from an ISO in order to have a "cold" system on disk.
Then mount both tmp places to check, if there is anything worth
keeping/consolidating. Otherwise clear the mountpoint and uncomment the
/tmp line from your fstab. Rebooting should then just mount it as you want.

Questions, i could not answer:
What if you wanted to make the change without downtime?
What if you want to make use of systemd services to mount /tmp?
* I assume, that one gets created automatically, if a tmpfs is used for
/tmp, but i dont know, when exactly, it would run.
Is there any relevance? I guess not.

--
<pre>
Liebe ist ...