Re: Email clients and IMAP search support

Andre Rodier <andre@rodier.me> writes:

> On Sun, 2023-04-16 at 17:01 +0100, Andre Rodier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any desktop email client on Debian, that supports server
>> side IMAP search, please ?
>>
>> I have an email server that support indexing attachment contents,
>> and when I run a query from the command line using
>> doveadm search or even TELNET, it is returning the correct email indexes.
>>
>> However, when I try the same search with a desktop client, nothing
>> is returned. I tried Thunderbird, Balsa, Claws and
>> Geary. None of them is satisfactory.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> André
>>

> OK, I am answering to myself, Gnome Evolution works, it is sending the
> search query to the server.
>
> Even in some advanced RTL languages like Arabic.
>
> Great!

Hellow Andre,

Searching for IMAP is good with Gmail web interface, i think. If you
have web browser such as mozilla firefox, chromium browser. Try to
gmail, just with web browser. It is not bad in my experience. And also i
am Debian user (Debian 11 Bullseye under Chromebook).

As you know, Gmail is good with UTF-8 support / Searching / Labeling.

See here:
https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/-/commit/314e84446d1002726aec0ccf81a756d54568bfbb

In real world, i use both Gmail and Emacs Gnus for email.

Sincerely, Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//