Re: how to limit a CPU temperature?

On Sat, 8 Apr 2023, at 16:39, songbird wrote:

>   only with this change to the FTP software has it become
> an annoyance that made me go look for a way to deal with
> it.
>
>   filing a bug against the FTP software is also something
> i should do, but i've not gotten that far yet.  ;)

Meantime, what do you do with that FTP software?

Are you asking it to upload lots of files?

Have you worked out whether it (say) successfully uploads
them, but perhaps doesn't realise that it has done - that might
be due to a change in the server it's talking to - and then it
retries the whole lot over & over again?

What would happen if instead of one FTP invocation uploading
n files, you ran n/2 times doing half the files, or maybe n times
doing one file each time, with a pause of a few seconds (or more)
between each file?

Maybe - if the files ARE getting to the server ok but that's not
recognised, you could use something else - curl or wget
perhaps - to check whether each new file got there ok.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.