Re: package libxnvctrl0 installed by xfce, but nouveau is installed

On 2023-04-04 18:27:59 +0200, zithro wrote:
> Unfortunately, "libxnvctrl0" is a dependency for "xfce4-sensors-plugin" :
>
> apt show xfce4-sensors-plugin
> Depends: libxnvctrl0
>
> So marking the packages provides the exact same output as above.
>
> Should I report a bug in the "xfce4-sensors-plugin" package ?

No, the dependency is normal. If you look at the source, there's
a file lib/nvidia.cc that uses libxnvctrl0:

    if (XNVCTRLQueryTargetAttribute (nvidia_sensors_display.display,
                                     NV_CTRL_TARGET_TYPE_GPU,
                                     idx_gpu,
                                     0,
                                     NV_CTRL_GPU_CORE_TEMPERATURE,
                                     &temperature)) {
        result = temperature;
    }
[...]
        if (XNVCTRLQueryExtension (nvidia_sensors_display.display, &event, &error)) {
            XNVCTRLQueryTargetCount (nvidia_sensors_display.display,
                NV_CTRL_TARGET_TYPE_GPU,
                &num_gpus);
        }
[...]
        if (XNVCTRLQueryTargetStringAttribute (nvidia_sensors_display.display,
                                               NV_CTRL_TARGET_TYPE_GPU,
                                               idx_gpu,
                                               0,
                                               NV_CTRL_STRING_PRODUCT_NAME,
                                               &gpuname)) {
            g_assert (gpuname != NULL);
            feature->devicename = gpuname;  /* "it is the caller's responsibility to free ..." */
        }

Hence the dependency.