Re: Grub bug on Debian 11

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 11:16:29PM +0100, Mario Marietto wrote:
> No problem. But without offence,what you are suggesting to me is not to
> make something to understand what's the real problem and why it's
> happening,but you are suggesting to change something in my configuration to
> skip the generation of the error. Do you confirm that you are following
> this approach ? I would like to be guided to fix the problem that I have
> because this is how I can learn something. I can't learn if I reinstall the
> OS using a different debian version,is this correct ?

I am suggesting a re-install with a more current Debian version. 11.5 was
released in September last year, 11.6 in December last year. Each point
release brings fixes.

If you are installing from an old medium and one that I can no longer find,
I can't remember all of the bug fixes that have gone into two point releases
and the three months since :)

[A large amount of effort is currently going into preparing the installer
for Debian 12. If it were not for that, we'd probably have done another
release by now for March - there is a release roughly once a quarter at
the moment. I help test the releases on point release day.]

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater