Re: switch gateway automatically

Timothy M Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com> writes:

> what are you currently using as a WAN router? You can use Debian as a router! You can configure two default
> Gateway's with the primary using a metric of 600 and the backup with a metric of 700. This will require two
> NICs.

For failover it's also possible to use the bonding driver in Linux which
has a mode for automated failover. I naively thought I could use that
with the 4G module in my router but the bonding driver only seems to
like real ethernet devices.

Anyways, I found someone's failover script so using that now.