Re: home server for email box

On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 05:04:48AM +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:

> On 10/3/23 23:52, Henning Follmann wrote:
> >
> > Well "could" is the best way to describe the chances of this working.
> >
> > I think the best way too find out:
> > Check if the ISP will allow you to set the reverse DNS record matching
> > your chose A record.
> > If they do, GREAT! If they don't, you most likely will not be happy in the
> > long run.
>
> All you need to do is generate an SPF record authorising your fixed IP(s) to
> send mail for your domain(s).

For those mail providers which go by SPF/DKIM. Some go by reverse DNS,
some by some kind of RBL, some by voodoo.

Unfortunately, there is some creativity in there. I guess this is in
part intended, since big players see a decentralised comms infrastructure
as a threat to their (silo) business model.

Alas.

Cheers