Re: Forcing dhclient to not ignore tun0 interface when it's available

On 06/03/2023 19:17, davenull wrote:
On 2023-03-03 06:22, Max Nikulin wrote:

Perhaps the opposite. dhclient running for enp2s0f0 should detect that
VPN is active and to avoid overwriting DNS settings that direct
requests to tun0.

Yes, indeed. I want dhclient to NOT overwrite /etc/resolv.conf when VPN is active. OR to use tun05 when it tries to renew the lease
If anyone has a good documention on how to configure openresolv correctly to use it with openconnect.

People suggested openvpn scripts and dhclient hooks in this thread. It should be enough to write a couple of scripts that conditionally update resolv.conf. I am not sure that it is possible to provide configuration that would work out of the box. If you are seeking a ready to use recipe, perhaps you should ask openvpn community.

I used network-manager-openconnect-gnome for some time and it was enough to fill some fields in a GUI form for minimal working configuration.