Re: Who pays Debian developement

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 05:34:49 AM Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
There are also individuals making such donations.

That being said, these donations can't be used to pay a Developer for
its work in the project.

That being said, there are certainly developers out there, who are working on company time, to make contributions to Debian (and other) open source software.  And folks at places that host the work - like the OSU OSL - are certainly drawing salaries from their parent institutions.  I expect a lot of that work is grant funded.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown