Re: laptop frozen when opening apps, debian testing with gnome

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 1:00 PM Shalom Ben-Zvii Kazaz
<shalom938@gmail.com> wrote:

> since the latest full-upgrade three days ago on my laptop the computer gets completely frozen sometimes, yesterday got frozen few times when i tried to open zoom. today few times when i tried to open brave browser. completely frozen, need to shut down and restart.
> i'm running debian testing for three years on that laptop, dell xps 15, gnome desktop.
> what can i do,check? i'm not so experienced, usually there are no problems.

I would start with a hardware check. Is memtest available when you
boot the machine?

I would also be interested to know if you can test the video card. I
don't know of any utilities to perform the check, however.

Jeff