Re: debian sid no boot after this morning's update

On 1/5/23 09:24, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
On 05/01/2023 11:12, Frank wrote:
Is there a way to reinstall lightdm and the greeter from Fedora ?? Perhaps using chroot
which I have zero knowledge of.

Since the problem seems to be the display manager/greeter, there's a good chance that you can press Ctrl+F1 (or F2, F3...) to reach a console, so no need to a console to reinstall debian packages. Try also Ctrl+Alt+Fn.

I never tried that unfortunately. It might have saved me a lot of trouble. I finally got lightdm and it's greeter reinstalled after fixing some other problems and the system then booted fine. The strange thing in my mind is how the whole thing happened, as only the lightdm greeter had been updated and that was a few days ago.
Thanks for the suggestion - Ill try to keep it in mind.

--
Frank McCormick