Re: latest testing update broke my laptop

On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 20:16, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 23:33:19 -0500 Gary Dale <gary@extremeground.com> wrote:

> >you need to start with Debian/Stable then upgrade
>
> That's not correct.  You *can* do it that way, but there are installer
> ISOs for testing.

Hi, I don't know myself what is correct, but I see these related
statements on the Debian wiki [1]:

"""
The reliable way to install testing from scratch is to do a minimal
installation with the stable installer, then upgrade from stable to testing
you could use the testing image of the debian-installer, but note that
the testing installer is more for testing the installer than for
installing testing.
"""

I guess that the last sentence in the above quote becomes less
of a concern when the testing installer is close to its final release
state. In other words, if talking about beta-releases of the testing
installer when a new stable release of Debian is close to being finalised.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting