Re: stopping mass surveillance

operation.privacyenforcement@secure.mailbox.org wrote:
> Dan Ritter wrote:
> > operation.privacyenforcement@mailbox.org wrote:
> > > On 1/9/84 19:84, Jeremy Hendricks message was saved by the all seeing eye:
> > >
> > > Releasing anything of requested documents is not desired yet. The idea is
> > > not patented yet and will make the developers a high value target for a lot
> > > of agencies worldwide.
> >
> > If your project is going to be patented, it can't be part of
> > Debian unless you want to give a patent license to everyone in
> > the world, which defeats the point of patenting it in the first
> > place.
>
> A patent can protect only a brand or product name.

That's a trademark. Everything you've discussed up until now
fits a patent, which is a request for a monopoly on an
invention. A trademark is a request for a monopoly on a given
name in a specific field of business. Receiving a trademark
prevents other people from calling their products by the same
or confusingly similar names, not from using your product.

> This
>
> >> I am open minded to release the idea confidentially to a
> >> trustworthy developer group of an open source project to let them develop
> it
> >> and make it available as FLOSS completely for everyone. It needs to be
> built
> >> before privacy is dead, with or without earning money. It needs to be
> >> enforced before we will loose privacy forever.
>
> would match Debians policies?

You say contradictory things. You shift positions. You don't
give details as to how this hypothetical thing might work.

> I wanted to request a feedback how important this topic seems to be for the
> Debian user base, would you use it? Would you prefer it to be open source?
> Do you feel unprotected on Debian? Do you think this is neccessary?
> Later I want to find potentially interested developers if the Debian
> priciples would be applied and released completely FLOSS.
>
> The release of the solution is more important then profit.

Why don't you start a discussion group, forum, mailing list, or
similar communications methodology, tell us about that, and then
come back when you have a first working draft?

-dsr-