Aw: Re: How to investigate sudden shutdown?

Hey Alexander!

> > perhaps someone of you can help me with tool / log file I have not investigated
> > so far. I have a Thinkpad with Debian Bullseye on it, running KDE/Plasma as main
> > desktop environment and from time to time it just turn off without prior
> > indication to do so.
>
> Does it power off unexpectedly while you actively working on it, or you just see it powered off when you check it after a while?

Yes to both.

> These kinds of symptoms are hard to diagnose and usually indicate a hardware problem.
> Please, give us more information about your laptop. You can use "inxi" utility for that:
>     # inxi -a -v8 -z -za
>
> You can send the output from "inxi" to paste service[1] and provide us with just a link to it in next mail.

Here is the output
https://paste.debian.net/hidden/b7901559/

> Is laptop's battery(-ies) in good shape, i.e. it can sustain laptop at least for a few minutes with PSU disconnected?

Yes, the batteries last for at least 3-4 hours still.

> If battery is dead, disconnect the battery and try to reproduce the issue with only PSU connected.
>
> > It it not particular warm before and journalctl / dmsg logs are looking
> > unsuspicious around these sudden shutdowns for me.
> >
> > Any pointer what else could be investigated (and I do realize that these are
> > very vague symptoms) would be appreciated!
> A good place to start is to check journald logs for previous boot:
>     # journalctl --boot -1

Thanks for that hint, I'll have a look when the shutdown happens next time. Right now I don't have the time to figure out which last boot process was the last that failed ;-)
  Tobias