Re: /boot/grub/grub.cfg menu entries

Le 6 décembre 2022 Intense Red a écrit :

>   Looking at /boot/grub/grub.cfg it uses a function format that I don't
> recognize and cannot make easy sense of -- I just want a simple text entry to
> give me the option of booting off sdf1 or sdg1 in the grub menu.
>
>    Can anyone whack me with a clue-bat or ELI5 me how I can edit/add an entry
> to grub.cfg? TIA.

You can directly change /boot/grub/grub.cfg. Entry name is the first
parameter after "menuentry" :

menuentry 'here the name' --class debian ...

But it will be erased if you update-grub.
Alternatively you can add full menuentry blocks in /etc/grub.d/40_custom
and you will retrieve them in you grub menu even after update-grub.

Cheers