Re: /boot/grub/grub.cfg menu entries

06/12/2022 19:49, Intense Red wrote:
    On my machine I have 2 bootable Linux installs, one each on /dev/sdf1 and /
dev/sdg1. Grub *used to* detect the various partitions and creat entries for
each one, but in this install it didn't do that.

   Looking at /boot/grub/grub.cfg it uses a function format that I don't
recognize and cannot make easy sense of -- I just want a simple text entry to
give me the option of booting off sdf1 or sdg1 in the grub menu.

    Can anyone whack me with a clue-bat or ELI5 me how I can edit/add an entry
to grub.cfg? TIA.

Hi, you don't say which version you are on, but if you are on testing or sid you need this in your /etc/default/grub:

GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER="false"