Re: Detailed Leafpad manual [not just manpage]?

On Sun 04 Dec 2022 at 05:29:58 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
> I wish to document a personal project.The desired format will resemble
> the outline for term papers we wrote in school in the 50's. Except
> some items may be a short paragraph or two long.

Tragically I missed out on a US education, so unlike some others
here, I can't tell just what these term paper outlines look like.

> I did a web search for text editors with an auto-indent feature.
> The only one I recognized was Leafpad. But I couldn't find appropriate
> documentation or "howto". Where would I find it?

Never heard of it. I prefer sticking to widely used, well-supported
editors like emacs.

> Any other suggestions for a basic text editor in the Debian repository
> with an auto-indent feature. I'm not interested in a full blown word
> processor.

There's a wiki which mentions several different circumstances that
might apply in your case:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoIndentation

Cheers,
David.