Re: Questions about installing Debian on a laptop

On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 02:52:22PM +0100, Gabor Urban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to install Debian on a laptop the first time.That will not be
> my first installing but I never used notebooks for that. I have found a lot
> of useful information but I would like to have some guidance at the start.
>
> What are the most important issues selecting a laptop I should be mindful
> about?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Urbán Gábor
>
> Linux is like a wigwam: no Gates, no Windows and an Apache inside.

Use the firmware .iso - https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.5.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso

If the laptop is really new, do you need to keep whatever is on there already?

A VERY new laptop from the very latest ranges might need to be ruuning something later than Debian stable, but in general, that shouldn't be a problem.

All best, as ever,

Andy C.