Re: problem getting debian live to run

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 03:28:33 PM EST, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 01, 2022 at 06:58:11PM +0000, L Dimov wrote:
> I am trying to run debian stable (11.5) live on a new Dell XPS laptop from a USB drive. After the Debian logo displays for a bout a minute, I get this text:
>
> DPC: RP PIO log size 0 is invalid
> thunderbolt 0-0: reading DROM failed
> BusyBox v1.30.1 (Debian 1:1.30.1-6+b3) built-in shell (ash)
> Enter 'help' for list of built-in commans.
> (initramsfs) _
>
> I tried it multiple times, including first formatting the USB as a FAT32. None of that helped.
>
> Any help in getting this party started will be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks!
> Luben

Exactly how did you copy the image onto the USB stick - what command did
you use and did you wait until it had copied fully?

Andy Cater

Andy, I did wait till it was done indeed. I copied the image to the USB with:

dd if=/home/luben/Downloads/debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-gnome.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=8M; sync

I tried it without the:

bs=8M; sync

as well.

Thanks,