Re: hangs at boot

On 2022-12-01 19:05, Tim Woodall wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2022, jd wrote:

On 2022-11-30 18:52, Hans wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2022, 18:33:49 CET schrieb jd:

Try to deinstall cups and remove any usb cameras. I had had the problem, that
cups detected an usb camera as a printer and then stopped booting.

I tried removing all cups packages, then it just stalled at Unattended upgrades shutdown instead.

So I tried disabling that, and now it stalls at Hostname Service.

is it stalled or just taking a very long time? DNS timing out can
sometimes cause issues like this.

That depends on how long it can get stuck due to DNS issues, I've left it for several hours and it's still stuck in the same place. If it was a DNS issue it should have gotten somewhere after several hours no?