Re: Buster->Bullseye scrambled xsane settings

On 2022-11-24 07:24, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
On 2022-11-23 15:35, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

is there another scanning package I could use in the meantime?

My scanning needs are very simple, black and white and occasional only. I use gnome’s simple-scan.

It works well enough for me. Including usb and network scanning, bw, colour, single and multi page, but all in one very uncomplicated package

I installed it and ran a few tests.  It seems to do the trick, once I
figured out that "text" means "black and white" and "image" means
"colour".

That ought to hold me for now.  I can still use xsane for colour and
grayscale scans.

myself I'd like to know where to find the string xsane sends to the scanner so can duplicate with scanimage if that's the backend thing.
mick