Re: FIREFOX is killing the whole PC PART II

On 11/21/22, Gareth Evans <donotspam@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Sun 20 Nov 2022, at 10:53, Schwibinger Michael <hbss@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How can I find by terminal all dirt which is produced by browsers (Chrome,
>> Firefox, Midori ...)?
>> I did try something like cache, but there were no new files.
>
> I think it would be easier to clear the cache and other data (possibly
> including history if you wish) automatically when the browsers close.  There
> are usually settings available to do that.

Speaking of settings and previous mentions of possible concerns about
what tabs appear on startup, there's also a setting
(about:preferences) for declaring what appears upon startup. These
days, it's fairly normal to see something similar to "Open previous
windows and tabs", open with a blank page, and open with a personal
favorite webpage.

That said, I'm only seeing the "Open previous windows" selection. That
makes a user feel like the browser is maybe getting paid to
alternatively provide potentially sponsored content with no
immediately visible "Off" button..

Maybe.

Or not.

Cindy :)