howto install Debian on software RAID1 when UEFI?

Hi,

the Debian installer is horrible.  It won't let me install on software RAID1 on
a server with an UEFI BIOS.  I can't find any good guide about that, either.

I want root on brtfs with RAID1.  How do I get Debian installed?

The graphical version crashes with a kernel panic when booting from an USB
stick, so I need to use the normal installer.

There's even not a way to select RAID1 for btrfs.  What an anachronism ...