Re: Problem with card reader on Debian 11

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 11:21:21PM +0100, Claudia Neumann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I programmed a library to read german electronic health cards from special devices
> certified in Germany.
>
> After an update from Debian 10 to Debian 11 one of these card readers reads only 64
> bytes using /dev/ttyACM0. It should read 256 Bytes which it did from 2010 on.
>
> Something must have changed from Debian 10 to Debian 11. Is there a configuration
> where I can change this behaviour? I don't know which package to blame for the change
> und what kind of Information I should give you.

Hm. Where to start?

Do you have access to one Debian 10 and one Debian 11 installation to compare
things?

The "ttyACM" is a hint that the device ends up as a "modem" (this is not to
be taken too seriously). Does that happen in both installations?

One main suspect is, of course, the kernel (mainly the USB modules). Can you
compare the output of "lsusb" in both installations, perhaps before and after
inserting the device?

Another hint would be the output of `lsusb -vvv'. Can you identify the device
in question? Any differences between Debian 10 and 11?

Cheers and good luck

(NOTE: I kept you in CC because I don't know whether you are subscribed,
if you prefer, I can drop that)

--
tomás