Re: libreoffice conflict with openoffice

On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 11:52:02AM +0100, local10 wrote:
> Nov 6, 2022, 06:47 by dev.two@yandex.ru:
>
> > But if i delete "openoffice.org-unbundled" from libreoffice-common conflict string  Apache OpenOffice install and work fine!
> >

> > Maybe libreoffice-common not need "openoffice.org-unbundled" in conflict string?
> >

> Opening a bug at https://www.debian.org/Bugs/ would get you a better chance of drawing devs attention to the issue.
>
> Just out of curiosity, why do you need both Libreoffice and Openoffice installed?
>
> Regards,

I'd echo the above curiosity: there are lots of reasons why libreoffice is
ahead/more featureful than OpenOffice.

Since Debian doesn't package OpenOffice, I suggest you take it up with the
Apache Openoffice folks as to why their Debian packaging doesn't work with
Debian - they're responsible for their own package. Sadly, I don't think
you'll get a quick response.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater