Re: libreoffice conflict with openoffice

On 2022-11-06 at 05:52, local10 wrote:

> Nov 6, 2022, 06:47 by dev.two@yandex.ru:
>
>> But if i delete "openoffice.org-unbundled" from libreoffice-common
>> conflict string  Apache OpenOffice install and work fine!
>>

>> Maybe libreoffice-common not need "openoffice.org-unbundled" in
>> conflict string?
>
> Opening a bug at https://www.debian.org/Bugs/ would get you a better
> chance of drawing devs attention to the issue.

FWIW, looking at /usr/share/doc/libreoffice-common/changelog.Debian.gz
and searching for 'unbundled', I find that this conflict was removed at
one point but then re-added back in late 2015, and the reason given for
adding it back in was that the (depended-on) packages
'openoffice*-debian-menus' contained '/usr/bin/soffice', which is
provided as a symlink by libreoffice-common.

It might be worth checking whether this conflicting file path still
exists in the current respective versions of the two package sets. If it
does, the Debian maintainers will almost certainly refuse to remove this
conflict declaration. If it does not, then they'll probably just want to
know what versions of the openoffice* packages do and don't have the
conflicting item.

--
   The Wanderer