Choosing neovim over vim as default

vimscript9 feels like a bad decision, it is incompatible with vimscript2 and does not match performance with lua. We definitely don't need another language. Until vim9 I thought vim as a slimmer version of neovim but it's the opposite. Currently there is confusion among developers when writing a plugin whether to choose vimscript9 or lua. And the only point vimscript9 has is tha it is available in all distros. Is it time to switch over to neovim? Choosing lua over vimscript9 reduces the cognitive load of many people.

Should debian ship neovim as the default vi?