Re: debian/rules @variable@ syntax

On 1/11/22 22:20, The Wanderer wrote:

This definitely isn't cmake. It's part of the Debian build system, and
if that depended on cmake, I'm all but absolutely certain that I'd know
it by now.

Also, this has nothing to do with the build system for the software
being packaged; it's entirely to do with the Debian packaging glue which
handles telling that build system what to do and tying the results of
the build together into Debian package files.

cmake has inbuilt support for deb packaging as well as related third party add-ons. As there is a scarcity of CMakeLists.txt files in your package, it will be using a different build system.

--
Jeremy