Re: debian/rules @variable@ syntax

On 1/11/22 21:59, The Wanderer wrote:
However, in doing so I have run into a snag which I previously skipped
over and ignored: I don't actually know what the @variable@ syntax
means/does, or what parses it. It's not Makefile syntax, as far as I've
been able to determine. I haven't thus far found any documentation for
debian/control.in at all; my searches are leading me only to
documentation for debian/control, which doesn't mention any .in file as
far as I've found.

If it's not Makefile, it's quite possibly cmake based which in turn can generate dynamic makefiles at various stages in the build.

The downside is that cmake for large projects has nuances that require years of direct cmake experience to fully understand what is going on.

Search for some CMakeFiles.txt files to check if you need to explore cmake further.

--

Jeremy