Re: How to can make a partition in my hard disk ?

On 20/10/22 06:19, Bret Busby wrote:
On 20/10/22 05:51, William Torrez Corea wrote:

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 3:34 PM Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com <mailto:jdashiel@panix.com>> wrote:

    This is likely inaccurate information.
    What output returns when you run:
    lsblk /dev/sda?
    First requirement for a new partition is available space.

I have the following output:

NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda      8:0    0 931.5G  0 disk
├─sda1   8:1    0 922.7G  0 part /
└─sda2   8:2    0   8.8G  0 part [SWAP]

I have 770.83 GB free memory
--

With kindest regards, William.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org <https://www.debian.org>
⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀

How much RAM does the computer have?

I would be inclined to use gparted to resize the partitions; you only need, at most, 32GB for /  and you should have a separate /home partition, and, you should have (I believe) a 32GB swap partition.

Is the HDD, MBR or GPT?

..
Bret Busby
Armadale