Re: Cheap NAS

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 07:21:05PM +0500, Stanislav Vlasov wrote:
> > What about just putting some drives in a desktop, and installing some free
> > nas software like
> > https://linuxhint.com/best-nas-software-linux
>
> OpenMediaVault work fine even on Orange Pi 3 LTS with usb drives.
>
> --
> Stanislav

USB connected drives work fine - until they don't ... I learned that the
hard way 15 years ago [LVM done that way and you'd lose a drive ...].

Also, most of the USB connected solutions rapidly become very, very slow with
throughput - USB is not the best I/O solution for drives. [Very expensive
USB3 drives perhaps - Corsair flash voyager GTX]

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater