Re: Fw: Forced to Purge Thunderbird

On 14/10/2022 11:36, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
On 13/10/2022 20:09, Frank wrote:
On 2022-10-13 10:32, lists tomgeorge.info wrote:

*From:* lists tomgeorge.info
*Sent:* Thursday, October 13, 2022 10:13 AM
*To:* debianuser@lists.debain.org <debianuser@lists.debain.org>
*Subject:* Forced to Purge Thunderbird
The company hosting my domain name has forced a switch to microsoft outlook. No longer supports pop3 protocol.

Result: Thunderbird frozen, all address list lost.

outlook works, must log on for each email account, does not seem to link responses by subject.

I would like to switch to new host which can use thunderbird

Any suggestions

Do they not support IMAP ? If they do Thunderbird handles IMAP on
my machine with no problems.

Frank

They probably enabled mailbox sharing, etc, which are a pain to configure for IMAP and definitely a pain from Microsoft-only people.

s/pain from/pain for

--
Ottavio Caruso