Re: Cheap NAS

On 14.10.2022 00:23, paulf@quillandmouse.com wrote:
Folks:

This has likely already been covered, but I don't know a way to search
the archives for it.

I'm interested in a desktop NAS with maybe 4 bays, which works with
Linux (and free software), isn't hugely expensive, and is *not* a PC
(you could do a NAS with a PC).

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Paul

If you are looking for a "ready-to-go" NAS appliance, then I recommend to look for Synology products.
Their DS value and DS plus series are based on relatively good hardware and have stable software/firmware with too many features and options.
2-4 bay variants with 1Gb Ethernet ports are very inexpensive and IMO perfect for SOHO.

That is if you are not on an adventure to build your own NAS, of course. :)
And if you are, then prices, for anything not ATX, with small form-factors and custom cases, would be too high.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org