Re: How to use hw vendor EFI diagnostics ?

Am 11.10.2022 11:38, schrieb Alain D D Williams:
How do I integrate the HP diagnostics into the current EFI ?

It should be fine to copy the files to the EFI partition (if not already there) and add some boot entry via efibootmgr (if not already present).

Running efibootmgr (as root) without options will tell you if there are already old entries. If there's an entry for HP diagnostics, "efibootmgr -v" will show you details.

You can add a new one via:

efibootmgr --create --disk [EFItargetDisk] --part [partNumber] --label "HP diagnostics" --loader \\EFI\\[targetEXE].efi

For further help see man page of efibootmgr. There are also many blog posts regarding efibootmgr in the internet.

For the correct targetEXE in your case, I do not know which one of the named efi files is the right one. Either wait for some other answer here, search the internet for this specific question or (maybe) some try&error will do it.

regards
hede