Re: Can't open email attachments with Firefox 102.3.0 esr

On Wed, 2022-10-05 at 10:09 +0100, Mick Ab wrote:
> A few days ago Debian 11 was updated. As part of that update
> Firefox was updated to Firefox 102.3.0 esr (64 bit).
>
> It has subsequently been found that this version of Firefox does not allow
> email attachments to be opened.

Firefox is a web browser, not an email program, so I assume you mean
mean downloading files from a web page (in this case, one which you use
to access your email).

> Clicking on such an attachment used to always open a dialogue
> box which had options "Open with..." and "Save...." but now it just jumps
> straight to a Download box with a list of folders to download to.
>
> Has anyone else experienced the above problem ?
>
> Can anyone please suggest a way to get round the above problem
> and allow email attachments to be opened rather than downloaded ?

Have you checking the Firefox settings, in the 'General' section there
are options for what you want Firefox to do when downloading files.

You can select what to do with specific file types, and there's a
default setting for other file types, under the heading "What should
Firefox do with other files?"

--
Tixy