how to check compatibility of (any party) package file? (and more)

Hi,

My purpose is multiple here.

First, I am trying to build a tool[1] to check a given package file (ie a .deb, whatever its origin) for the compatibility with Debian distribution versions, including if it may be required to have more sections (contrib, non-free) or a backports pool.
I am able to extract some field values (package, version, architecture, depends) and check the compatibility of some of the values with my current host system (using . deb-dpkg and dpkg).
I am currently stuck to check the depends value.
Is there any facility for this: 1. on my local system (using some commands)? 2. on all the Debian systems (using rmadison or some ad-hock UDD queries)?
Check the value as a whole or iterate all its elements, deal with the version constraint, etc..

Second, would it be useful to maintain a website (database + webui) where to identify those package files not part of a known (Debian or famous 3rd) repository.
I am thinking of this for a better / improved deb-get[2] project and a robot to maintain the database content.

Third, expose the first tool as a webservice where to post a .deb file and get all the Debian distribution versions it is compatible with? Or maybe get the corresponding apt source configuration required (ie. the context) required to be able to install the package?
Is piuparts able to determine or setup an adequate Debian container such to install a given package?

Thanks,
Patrice

[1] as simple as a shell script if possible
[2] https://github.com/wimpysworld/deb-get