Re: Sid installation fails - No kernel modules found

On Sat 16 Jul 2022 at 20:56:51 +0100, Piscium wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2022 at 19:49, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat 16 Jul 2022 at 18:27:29 +0100, Piscium wrote:
>
> > > [1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUnstable
> > > [2] deb.debian.org
> >
> > Is the mini.iso at
> >
> >   http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/
> >
> > any use?
>
> I downloaded the mini.iso in [3] as suggested in [1] (link above),

But you did not download and try the one I suggested? Therefore, you
are working blindfolded. It is dated 2022-0 7-05. The archive modules
may match the d-i kernel.

> which is supposed to be the one to install Sid. The one you ask about
> seems to be not for Sid. There is another method of installation which

You are misunderstanding; all mini.isos will install sid.

> is to start with the Testing iso and then upgrade to Sid. I have done
> that in the past successfully. Today is the first time I am trying
> this other method, the Sid mini.iso.
>
> [3] http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

[3] is dated 31-Jul-2021.

--