Re: Processors older than Intel Pentium 4

>> > Is anyone running Debian 11 on a processor older than Pentium 4?
>> I'm using Debian (currently stable, tho I often end up moving to
>> testing) on my Thinkpad X30, yes.
> The Thinkpad X30 has a 1.2Ghz Pentium M processor which is i686 not i386.

Indeed, it has a Pentium mobile III-M at 1.2GHz.

I'm not completely sure where that processor sits, to be honest, but
I thought it was based on a CPU core that came before Pentium 4.
E.g. the Pentium 4 supports SSE2, AFAIK, whereas my X30 doesn't.

And I don't know what's an "i686" (IIUC Debian may have a definition for
it, but outside of Debian, this is a vague term that may refer to
various things for various people).

Maybe the question should be more specific, pointing to actual features
you intend to take for granted, rather than "processor names".

> Did you upgrade the RAM from its origional  512MB.

Yes, it's loaded with a full 1GB of RAM (and an M.2 SATA SSD out of
which I manage to get an earth shattering 40MB/s).

        Stefan