Re: pavucontrol configuration trouble

On 2022-07-16, Thomas George <postbox.tg30@gmail.com> wrote:
>   I set the GP107GL High Definition Audio Controller profile to off but
> it continually reverts to High Definition HDMI Output which overrides
> analog output to my external speakers.
>
> Today I found it impossible to turn this off. The off option is there
> put when I try to scroll down to it the option window closes before I
> can reach it.
>
> Is there some way to permanently turn off this controller?

"The option window closes before I can reach it" lies beyond the purview
of my intelligence but seems particularly infuriating (if somehow
*drôle* to the casual observer that is this humble correspondent).

I've read of people, confronted with similar problems to your own,
working around the unwanted switching of output devices by commenting
out

 load-module module-switch-on-port-available
 load-module module-switch-on-connect

in /etc/pulse/default.pa