Re: SSH resources, specifically on certificates (certificate authentication)

On 7/15/22 05:32, Curt wrote:

The question I ask myself preliminarily, before delving further into
the matter, is whether certificate-based SSH authentication is
appropriate for a home LAN with three users.

+1

I decided SSH with publickey authentication and passphrase keys were plenty for my SOHO network. "SSH Mastery" by Lucas is the relevant title:

    https://mwl.io/nonfiction/tools#ssh

That said, I have a Hurricane Electric domain hosting account and I have a Linode VPS with the Unibuiti Networks UniFi Controller (installed by a Linode community "stack script"). Both include LetsEncrypt certificates with automatic renewal for their https service. Hurricane Electric administers all of their services; I just use them. Linode administers their hypervisor. I administer and use the VPS.

David