Re: Debian 11: How to disable IPv6

On Sunday, July 10, 2022 06:48:10 PM Andy Smith wrote:
>   Otherwise I'm afraid your claims about IPv6 so far have been quite
>   bizarre, on the level of "IPv6 ate my homework" or "my father was
>   killed by a 128-bit integer", and can't be taken seriously.

From the peanut gallery: I disabled IPv6 quite some time ago.  I don't recall
how I did it, but I might have that information in my notes, somewhere.

The reason that I disabled it (which might not be totally logical) is that in
IPv4, I have always had my computers (and LAN) behind a NAT device.

I could not find (in the searching I did) equivalent functionality for IPv6, so
I disabled IPv6 in hopes of keeping my systems (fairly) secure.

I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense, and I'm sure [some | many | most |
maybe almost all] will disagree, especially based on the 128(?)-bit address
space in IPv6, but that was the reason I disabled IPv6.

--
rhk

If you reply: snip, snip, and snip again; leave attributions; avoid top
posting; and keep it "on list".  (Oxford comma included at no charge.)  If you
change topics, change the Subject: line.

A picture is worth a thousand words -- divide by 10 for each minute of video
(or audio) or create a transcript and edit it to 10% of the original.