Re: Does Debian supports backticks in the Makefile?

On 2022-07-11 at 09:57, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Greg Wooledge wrote:
>> You're misunderstanding my conclusions.  The backticks *do* work in
>> the end, since they're passed through to the shell, and the shell
>> interprets them the way the OP seems to want.
>
> Oops. I probably should have read on after having been interrupted
> by the real world.
>

>> The missing -I is probably it.
>
> At least i can reproduce the symptoms by a simple gcc run. But the
> reverse riddle stays. Why did it work otherwhere ?

Based on the skimming I've done of this thread, my guess would be that
either the tooling in that environment behaves differently, or the
configuration in that environment (e.g. autotools output) has already
been run and on the Debian side the necessary commands to run it aren't
being issued.

--
   The Wanderer