Re: Does Debian supports backticks in the Makefile?

Hi,

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Still, I insist it should be called <libpq-fe.h> unless you /know/ you
> want to supply your own header file.

Question is what Igor Korot is trying to compile.
If it is postgres itself or one of its helpers, then libpq-fe.h would
probably be one of the "header files of your own program".

I wrote:
> > What does this command put out:

> Yes, we're now all curious :-)

We should rather look at the original post. ~:o)

Igor Korot wrote:
> > > igor@debian:~/dbhandler/Debug/libpostgres$ pg_config --includedir
> > > /usr/include/postgresql

So the question is whether there is
  /usr/include/postgresql/libpq-fe.h
as should be if libpq-dev is installed (says apt-file).

If it is there, then the question is why it isn't found.
Besides the suspicion of Igor Korot, that `pg_config --includedir` would
not work, there is the possibility that libpostgres/Makefile.am was
not porperly converted to libpostgres/Makefile.in and then to
libpostgres/Makefile .

This is normally done by a script which calls autoconf and automake
to create Makefile.in. Later ./configure creates Makefile from Makefile.in.
In libisoburn the script has the name ./bootstrap and contains:
  aclocal -I .
  libtoolize --copy --force
  autoconf
  automake --foreign --add-missing --copy --include-deps
Don't ask me why. I inherited it in 2006 in the course of the libburn fork.
autotools usage worldwide is nearly completely driven by hearsay.

@ Igor Korot:
It would be interesting to see the effective compiler options (which the
make run seems to hide from the user) and whether the usage-ready
Makefile contains the lines

  libpostgres_la_CXXFLAGS = -D__WXGTK__ \
      -I../../dbinterface \
      `pg_config \