Re: Does Debian supports backticks in the Makefile?

Hi,

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Include-Syntax.html

  #include <file>
  This variant is used for system header files. It searches for a file
  named file in a standard list of system directories. You can prepend
  directories to this list with the -I option (see Invocation).

  #include "file"
  This variant is used for header files of your own program. It searches
  for a file named file first in the directory containing the current file,
  then in the quote directories and then the same directories used for
  <file>. You can prepend directories to the list of quote directories
  with the -iquote option.

So "libpq-fe.h" has a wider search range than <libpq-fe.h> and cannot
be to blame for not finding the file.

It looks like this gesture in Makefile.am shall add the directory with
this file to the list of include directories:

  libpostgres_la_CXXFLAGS = -D__WXGTK__ \
    -I../../dbinterface \
    `pg_config \
    --includedir`

What does this command put out:

  pg_config --includedir

I understand pg_config belongs to package libpq-dev. Its purpose is told by:
  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-pgconfig.html

Have a nice day :)

Thomas