Re: Does Debian supports backticks in the Makefile?

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 12:24:48AM -0500, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 12:10 AM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 11:13:45PM -0500, Igor Korot wrote:
> > > Hi, ALL,
> > > [code]
> > >   CXX      libpostgres_la-database_postgres.lo
> > > ../../libpostgres/database_postgres.cpp:22:10: fatal error:
> > > libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory
> > >    22 | #include "libpq-fe.h"
> >
> > Ah, at last you show your C code, though indirectly.
> >
> > This is only going to work if the libpq-fe.h is in the directory
> > you are compiling from.
> >
> > You are copy-pasting C code out of its context.
> >
> > Usually, you would write
> >
> >   #include <libpq-fe.h>
>
> Doesn't make a difference.

Perhaps you don't see it at the moment, but believe me,
it does :)

> > and make sure /usr/include/postgresql (that's the place where libpq-fe.h
> > goes typically) is in the compiler's list of include paths to search
> > for (i.e. the -I option).
>
> Well it is as shown by the other output.

Now to debug that, you should try to locate the line in the log
where the C compiler is called to actually compile the program.

There you should find what options it is actually called with (esp.
the -I is interesting). If /usr/include/postgresql is in there, I'd
double check that /usr/include/postgresql/libpq-fe.h is there and
readable.

OTOH, if that's missing, I'd make sure your configury is working
properly. Among other things, I'd double-check what pg_config:

  pg_config --includedir

is saying. Perhaps it's lying? Perhaps you're picking the wrong
one?

That kind of stuff.

Cheers